A Brief History

Rev. John Barnes: came in 1934 upon the invitation of Rev. James Purse who had started meetings in his home and a rented hall on Sixth Street. Barnes secured the small Brethren Church (6 Ave/ 9 St) for special evangelistic services, and returned to travelling.


Rev. Alfred Scratch: agreed to pastor the church in 1935. It was a time of Pentecostal revival. 18 families contributed a firm foundation for the little Church.


Rev. A. Kenney: came in 1940, and another 17 families joined, assisting to build a small church at 22 St. 8 Ave on a $150 lot. Dedicated in 1946 as CConnaught Heights Pentecostal Assembly. There was rapid growth.


Rev. Marvin Forseth: answered the call in 1953, leading us for over 29 years.  Several hundred attended Sunday morning services.  There was an active choir and orchestra and youth, women, men and seniors’ activities.  There were 100 children in Crusaders!


Rev. Eugene Kraft: pastored the church from 1982-1985 and brought new life to the church music and worship.


Rev. Ed Austin: joined Connaught Heights in 1985 and launched a campaign to pay off the large debt; enhanced the building with paint, carpet and pews; a new phone system and sound equipment – with no complaints! 1986 offerings reached a record $300,000.


Rev. Merv Peterson: came to the church from 1991-1994 and developed home groups, ethnic ministries and Light Your World community outreach.


Rev. Dave Webster: pastoring from 1994 – 2002 he wrote inspiring sermons, musicals, supported new ethnic groups, needy people, the Alpha Program and the Mortgage Burning ’98!


Rev. Dan Eagle: since 2002 he has been preaching well-researched sermons encouraging missions through the annual Missions Week and team work overseas.  Also, youth and children’s programs, men’s breakfasts, a new roof and ongoing building maintenance have been part of what is has been happening at Connaught Heights in the last few years.  In 2009 he was also appointed as a Section Pastor through PAOC District.

Comments are closed.